To duplicate a page in WordPress, you can use either a plugin or the built-in features of some page builder plugins. Here’s how you can duplicate a page using both methods:
Method 1: Using a Plugin (Duplicate Page Plugin):
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to “Plugins” and click “Add New.”
- Search for the “Duplicate Page” plugin.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Once activated, go to “Pages” in your dashboard.
- Hover over the page you want to duplicate, and you’ll see options including “Clone.” Click “Clone.”
Method 2: Using a Page Builder Plugin (e.g., Elementor):
- If you’re using a page builder plugin like Elementor, create a new page or edit an existing page.
- Using Elementor, build the layout of the page as you want it to appear.
- Once you’re satisfied with the layout, click the “Save Draft” button to save your progress.
- Click the “Actions” dropdown in the bottom-left corner of the Elementor editor.
- Select “Save as Template.”
- Give your template a name and click “Save.”
- Now, go to “Templates” in your Elementor dashboard.
- You’ll see the template you just saved. Hover over it and click “Create New Page.”
Please note that the exact steps might vary depending on the plugins and themes you’re using. Additionally, while using plugins or page builders can simplify the process, always ensure you have backups of your website before making significant changes or using new plugins.
Keep in mind that manually copying content from one page to another is also an option, although it may not duplicate the settings and layout exactly as plugins or page builders do.